There is a chance for a different position in my company, its the same thing I'm doing now, just a slightly different environment.
As most of you know I am in inside sales now and this opportunity is in outside sales. I already have the background and the knowledge, all the tools I need and yet I am not sure what to do.
On one hand I have been waiting for this chance to move up, I wouldn't call it a promotion, although it seems like it since it is more money and a better title, on the other hand I will have to work longer hours, travel more. The upside is that I will make my own schedule and can work from home on any given day... so what is so bad about it?? I am just worried that I may have built this up in my head as a really great thing, when it may not be all its cracked up to be.
If I go for it then I loose my seniority at my current job, and can not come back to the same position. If I don't go for it then I am stuck in my current commute, hours, and an environment that is not that suitable for me... I am just getting comfortable at my job. I am in the top three and to switch now I'll be in the bottom again (initially).
I hate making decision, I'm not good at it. Mike thinks I should go for it, since its a great opportunity and I will open the doors to a lot more options with the Bank.
Well we will see what happens...this is still up in the air. I'll keep you posted.
1 comment:
I agree with Mike...go for it! Take a risk and in the long run, you will be glad you did it.
Post a Comment