Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm teaching a class tomorrow

I volunteered to teach an elementary school class tomorrow through the Junior Achievement program.
I remember in 6th grade being a part of this program and how much I enjoyed it.

Not sure what grade I will get to teach, but I'm looking forward to it.
I'm supposed to show these kids how important education is, that they should study, go to college and ear degrees so that they can have successful careers.
I am going to be a role-model for these kids.

This is a scary experience, I've always wanted to know what its like to teach, and now I will get to experience it for a day.
While I'm sure its rewarding, just getting prepared for this is an eye opener... it's a lot of work to prepare a lesson for a bunch of 10 year olds... whew...

Well good luck to me tomorrow, here's hoping it goes well.

1 comment:

The Borchert Family said...

Good Luck, you're going to do great!