Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Scary Night

We spent 9 hours in the ER this morning. We went in at 3 am and got discharged at 12:30... what a night.
Mike was not feeling well around 2 am this morning, he had chest pains, numb arms, light headed... all the classic signs of an impending heart attack. My initial reaction was that he was overreacting, he is only 31, at that age they don't have heart attacks right? Actually that is not the case, heart disease does not discriminate.

We called the Kaiser advice nurse, just to be sure, and they suggested we go into the ER so Mike can get checked out. I"m thinking OK, a few hours, they will do some tests and we get to come home... on no, no no. It took 9 hours. They did two EKGs, one chest x-ray, drew his blood twice and then a treadmill test. End result: he is fine it was probably just acid reflux, aka heart burn.

Needless to say both of us took the day off, we are both zombies, since I only got 3hrs sleep and he barely got an hour.
I've been working from home off and on today but I am so tired I think its time for another nap.

I just want this day to be over with!

1 comment:

The Borchert Family said...

OMG! Glad to hear Mike is fine, but what an ordeal. Don't we all just love the ER...and Kaiser for that matter!