Friday, September 5, 2008

Heartbeat

I had my first appointment at Kaiser this morning. This was really a check-in to confirm the pregnancy and sure enough we saw the little embryo. It is not much bigger than a half a peanut but there was a tiny heartbeat.
To see that little thing and the tiny flicker on the screen was so amazing. I teared up knowing we had created a little life and can not wait to meet this little person.

I hope I am going to be a good mom, if I can be half as good of a mom as my mom is to me I am going to be happy. My mom is such an amazing, strong woman and I strive to be like her everyday. She is my inspiration and I hope to raise this baby as well as she raised me.

Now my responsibility is to take care of me and this little person inside. Geez, all of a sudden I am responsible for someone other than me, that is really scary. :)

1 comment:

The Borchert Family said...

Yay for moms and yay for heartbeats!