I am confused and angered by Prop 8 passing, and even though its been a week since the elections I decided that maybe it was time to say something, to jut let it out and move on from the mixed emotions... here it goes.
It seems a little strange to me that we (Californians) give chickens and cows rights to live in a better environment but we can't give people the right to marry whomever they want??? How is that constitutional.
The sad thing is that this dumb proposition was 1.) misrepresented to the public and misunderstood by many people, which is why it passed, and 2) has nothing to do with gay marriage, and has everything to do with human rights.
For the first time in the 18 years I've lived in this country I'm ashamed of California!
As for me, I did my part in voting no on prop 8, and it was not by much that it passed, and while there is not much I can do about it, I felt the need to just vent for a little bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment