My dad is really sick, and there is no cure for what he's got. He's been suffering from this auto immune kidney disease that supposedly causes a lot of protein to be released into the blood stream and thats not a good thing. He has had this kidney problem for many years but its finally gotten so bad that he had to go find out if there is anything that can be done about it... and there is, but its just a treatment not a cure. Basically its either some sort of chemo therapy, other immune suppressant drugs, or a kidney transplant... all of which are super invasive and expensive and no guarantee that they will work.
I just don't know what to do, I can't help in any way, and I wish I could.
My dad has not decided what he is going to do, treatment wise, or just living with this condition for however long he can... and thats what scares me. This is one of those things that no matter what decision you make, its never going to be he right one, because if he choses treatment, there is only a 50% chance that it works, and the condition can come back. If he choses to just live with it, his kidneys can fail at any time, and no one knows when that can happen.
This sucks and I wish I had some answers.
1 comment:
So sorry to hear about your dad. He's got a lot of love and support around him and a lot of the time that is the greatest cure-all!
Post a Comment