Monday, August 3, 2009

First day back to work and Alex in daycare

Today was my first day back to work after 16 weeks of being home with Alex! It was a great day! All my coworkers were so thrilled to see me, and my boss was excited that I was back. I had 600 emails waiting for me, but that was to be expected being out for 4 months!

The hardest part was leaving in the morning, I cried as I kissed my son goodbye at 7 am (He didn't even stir). He had a good day with Daddy, but he was very aware that there was something different. His mama didn't great him like she did every morning for his entire life! I think he was a little thrown off by that, but overall was a happy camper!

Then came the time for Mike to drop off the little guy at daycare. We have a great daycare where we take him to, and he is only there part-time so its really not so bad but even so, Mike and I both cried that we had to leave our son with complete strangers for the first time. He did great at daycare though! All his teachers love him and when I got there this evening he was asleep in Miss Christina's arms... it was good to know that he was well taken care of. Of course I called like four times throughout the day to check on him.

So far it has been a great day and I hope the rest of the week goes as smoothly!

1 comment:

The Borchert Family said...

Miss Christina is THE BEST! That's Diana's teacher and she's wonderful. Alex is in great hands and if he needs some protection, Miss Diana is right down the hall!