Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Remodeling and Pregnancy

Our kitchen is gone, gutted, kaput... however you want to say it, its no more.
While I am super excited about getting my new modern dream kitchen that cost me an arm and one leg, I am already tired of the mess and the uselessness of my house. And its only been two days.

Mike and my father in law spent today scraping off all the 30 year old wallpaper so we can prime and hopefully paint in the next week. Once that part is done, we will get the cabinets put back up. Then we have to get the counter tops ordered, the dishwasher, sink, disposal and faucet and then done...seems like a lot.

Although I am not doing anything in this project, mostly because I am not home when the demo and construction is happening I already hate it. Just emptying out the kitchen was a pain in the butt, everything is now living in the living room.
I find myself walking into the kitchen for a glass of water, only to find no glasses and no water... the split second before I decide to freak out it occurs to me that "oh yeah we're remodeling".

I have pregnancy brain... forgot that my kitchen is getting remodeled, even though I can SEE it. I forgot to set my alarm this morning, put makeup on, then I drove the wrong way... on top of that I had a cranky day... sigh.
What makes things exciting is that tomorrow we will hopefully find out what the baby is.

No comments: